Before Moving In
Security Deposit and Pet Fee (if applicable) must be paid in full prior to your lease start date. First month’s rent is due on the 1st day of the month in which your lease begins. Keys will not be distributed unless the entire rent amount, security deposit and pet fee are paid in full. You may pay with a check, cashier’s check, money order, or online. Please make checks payable to: The Athens Real Estate Company. Online payments can be made through your tenant portal at https://myathenshouse.managebuilding.com.
Each payment will be due by the 5:00 p.m. on the 1st of each month.
There will be a late fee of $50 for rent that is not received by The Athens Real Estate Company by 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd day after the rental due date defined above. If rent is still not paid by the 20th day after the rental due date as defined above, there will be an additional late fee of $75.
Tenant shall secure renters’ insurance at Tenant’s expense.
Unless otherwise specified in your lease, utilities (Water, Gas, & Electric) must be put in your name on or before your lease start date and shall remain on the entire lease term. If living inside city limits, water will remain in the owner’s name, but you must pay the bill directly to the City of Athens Utilities Billing. P
lease email proof (confirmation number/documentation of service) that all required utilities have been set up and are in your name. Email confirmation to Lydia@myathenshouse.com with subject line UTILITY.
Unless otherwise stated, tenant shall be responsible for arranging for connection of all utilities, including water, trash, gas, electricity, cable, and phone. Tenant shall be responsible for all charges and fees associated with any utility services provided at the premises during the term of this lease.
Suggested Utility Companies Phone Numbers
AEP Ohio (800) 277-2177
Columbia Gas (800) 344-4077
City of Athens Utilities (740) 592-3347
LeAx-Water (740) 594-0123
The Plains Water & Sewer (740) 797-3235
Rumple Waste Inc. (888) 786-7531
Waste Management (800 )343-6047
In order to stay up to date and pay your rent, please download the Buildium app from your app store. This app allows you to make maintenance requests, rent payments, view your lease and more!
For all maintenance, please complete a maintenance request through Buildium, or ONLINE through our website www.MyAthensHouse.com or http://myathenshouse.managebuilding.com
Landlord and its agents shall have the right to enter the premises to make necessary repairs, to show the premises for rent or sale, and the make inspections for safety and health purposes. Landlord will provide at least 24-hour notice prior to any inspection or showing. Request for repairs to the premises by Tenant constitutes a waiver of the 24-hour notice requirement. Landlord may enter the premises without notice in an emergency.
- Tenant shall occupy the premises as a residential dwelling and not conduct any business or for-profit venture from the premises.
- Tenants and their guests are prohibited from smoking inside the premises.
- Tenant will not use the premises or permit them to be used for any unlawful purpose or engage in any unlawful activity in the premises including, but not limited to underage drinking and illegal drug use.
- Tenant will not use the premises for any dangerous, noxious or offensive activity.
- Tenant will not cause or maintain any nuisance in the premises.
- Tenant will review any local laws or ordinances pertaining to noise and comply with those laws or ordinances and require that their guests do the same.
- Tenant will review the local laws or ordinances pertaining to trash collection and recycling and will comply with those laws or ordinances.
- At the end of the term of this lease, Tenant will deliver the premises and the appliances contained in the premises in as good and as clean a condition as they are prior to the Tenant occupying the premises.
- Tenant will not make any alterations to the premises, including installing locks, replacing existing locks, or painting, without the express written permission of Landlord.
- No bricks, concrete blocks, construction materials, dangerous chemicals, or explosives may be kept in the premises.
- Tenant is prohibited from having any upholstered furniture, grills, hibachis, or any other cooking apparatuses on the porches, decks, patios, or other areas designed by the Landlord.
- Waterbeds are prohibited in the premises.
- All carpets, floors, walls, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, stoves, refrigerators, and other features and fixtures of the premises shall be kept clean and sanitary.
- Tenants agree to remove all trash and rubbish from said premises on a weekly basis and Tenants shall keep the premises free of debris.
- Tenants shall not nail items to the walls, put tape on the walls, or place any hanging on the wall that may damage the plaster, wallpaper, or surface coating of the walls.
Lead Warning Statement
Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards
Housing built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Lead from paint, paint chips, and dust can post health hazards if not managed property. Lead exposure is especially harmful to young children and pregnant women. Before renting pre-1978 housing, lessors must disclose the presence of known lead-based paint and/or lead-based paint hazards in the dwelling. Lesses must also receive a federally approved pamphlet on lead poisoning prevention.
After Moving In
This paper is located in the move-in packet provided prior to moving in. Please be specific regarding any damages, defects, or items not working at time of move in.
Tenant shall inspect the premises prior to occupancy. Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord to complete a check-in sheet, which will record any damages and defects (including issues of cleanliness) in the premises.
Tenant shall return to Landlord the check-in sheet within 5 days of occupying the premises. If Tenant’s documentation of the condition of the property varies from Landlord’s, the parties will meet within a reasonable amount of time to resolve the discrepancy and further document the condition of the property. Tenant agrees that, other than what is listed on the check-in sheet, the rental unit is in good and acceptable repair.
If Tenant fails to complete a check-in sheet, Tenant agrees that the rental unit is in good and acceptable repair, and Tenant shall be liable for the condition of the premises upon vacating the leased premises.
Tenant shall report to Landlord any repairs needed to the premises immediately upon discovery.
By signing tenant(s) acknowledges that all safety devices (smoke alarms/CO detectors/fire extinguishers) are in working order and intact. All light bulbs/light fixtures are in working order and intact. All appliances are in working order and intact. The property is free and clear of any and all bugs and or pests. Rental Permit (only applies to rentals inside city limits) is displayed behind or near front door. Any damages due to negligence will be billed to the tenant(s). Tenant(s) have read and agree to the terms of all documents regarding move-in, utilities, and Rules/Regulations.
It is mandatory to have a written agreement signed by September 30th to ensure that you are able to stay in your home for the next year.
The Athens Real Estate Company will begin showing your property and it will be listed as available to other prospective tenants on October 1 if a renewal form has not been signed.